MS in Social Policy > Admission Requirements
MSSP visits Washington, DC - 2012
For priority consideration of your application for admission, the School should receive applications for the MSSP program by March 15th. The following materials are required:
- Official transcripts in sealed envelopes from all colleges/universities you have ever attended, including for study abroad and non-degree credit, mailed to: Admissions Office, Penn School of Social Policy & Practice, 3701 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Please Note: Transcripts from institutions based outside of the United States, must evaluated on a course-by-course basis by a third-party evaluation service such as WES, AACRAO, or Educational Perspectives. This applies even if the applicable course of study was conducted in English and even if the transcript is printed in English. International applicants are strongly encouraged to order their transcripts as early as possible in order to allow time for the completion of these evaluations. International transcripts cannot be considered official until they have been evaluated.
- For international applicants whose first language is not English, TOEFL score (Institutional Code 2926; Department Code 95) or IELTS score taken in the last two years
- GRE Scores (Institutional Code 2926; Department Code 5001) from the last five years. We also accept LSAT or GMAT scores. Since we are not a law or business school and cannot have these sent to us directly by the testing agencies, you must mail an official copy to yourself in a sealed envelope and then mail this to our admissions office.
- Application fee of $65 paid by credit card; if you apply by December 31st, the fee is reduced to $25.
- MSSP application essay
- MSSP writing sample (preferably on a policy-related topic)
- Financial Plan form
- References (two academic and one employment)
*Since we are not a business or law school, takers of the GMAT or LSAT must mail official copies to themselves and then send the sealed envelopes to: Admissions Office, University of Pennsylvania School of Social Policy & Practice, 3701 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104.
Tuition and Fees
Visit the Tuition & Tuition Assistance section of the SP2 website for complete information.