MS in Social Policy > Admission Requirements
MSSP visits Washington, DC - 2012
For priority consideration of your application for admission, the School should receive applications for the MSSP program by April 15th. The following materials are required:
- Official transcripts in sealed envelopes from all colleges/universities you have ever attended, including for study abroad and non-degree credit, mailed to: Admissions Office, Penn School of Social Policy & Practice, 3701 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104
- For international applicants whose first language is not English, TOEFL score (Institutional Code 2926; Department Code 95) or IELTS score taken in the last two years
- GRE Scores (Institutional Code 2926; Department Code 5001) from the last five years. We also accept LSAT or GMAT scores. Since we are not a law or business school and cannot have these sent to us directly by the testing agencies, you must mail an official copy to yourself in a sealed envelope and then mail this to our admissions office.
- Application fee of $65 paid by credit card; if you apply by December 31st, the fee is reduced to $25.
- MSSP application essay
- MSSP writing sample (preferably on a policy-related topic)
- Financial Plan form
- References (two academic and one employment)
*Since we are not a business or law school, takers of the GMAT or LSAT must mail official copies to themselves and then send the sealed envelopes to: Admissions Office, University of Pennsylvania School of Social Policy & Practice, 3701 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104.
Tuition and Fees
Visit the Tuition & Tuition Assistance section of the SP2 website for complete information.