Negotiations for the development of field practice placements in an agency may be initiated by either the agency or the School. Students are not required or encouraged to find their own field placements. To qualify as a field placement site, agencies must meet the School’s criteria:
- Ability to provide students with an appropriate number and diversity of assignments for students to develop knowledge and practice skills
- Ability to provide experiences that will assist the student’s integration of classroom learning and field practice by providing assignments that support the School’s curriculum
- Ability to provide appropriate agency space and support services for the student.
- Opportunities for student participation in agency activities, such as staff or administrative meetings, in-service training, etc.
- Social work practice in the agency is consistent with the values, ethics, and principles of the social work profession