SP2 Mentor Collective
The Mentor Collective program enhances the student and alumni experience by connecting students one-on-one with an SP2 alum mentor
SP2 students are paired with someone invested in their success — a person ready to listen, inspire, help navigate challenges, and recognize opportunities. SP2 students will learn what to expect in their respective degree programs, how to approach challenges, and gain career advice. At the same time, SP2 alumni mentors will build their networks, develop skills to become better professionals and leaders, as well as support our future leaders in social change.
SP2 Mentor Collective Program
We are excited to offer an opportunity for current students and alumni to build a meaningful, collaborative, community of practitioner-scholars. The SP2 Mentor Collective Program is an opportunity to:
- Enhance students’ experiences
- Cultivate personal and social connections
- Develop professional networks
- Effect meaningful change
How it Works
- SP2 students will be matched with an alum mentor based on common interests, background, academics, and professional aspirations.
- Students and mentors register and complete an online survey to paint a holistic picture of their interests and experiences.
- Once you are matched with your mentee(s), you both decide how and how often you want to connect.
- An SMS text message introduces the mentor and mentee, and they can then start engaging with their counterpart.
- How do I balance the demands of school, family and work/internship/field placement?
- How do I get the most of out of my experience at SP2 and Penn?
- How do I make connections with professors, peers, and professionals in my area of interest?
- How can I set myself up for academic and career success?
We are actively enrolling SP2 students and SP2 alumni.
Resources for Mentors
SP2 Campus Resources
Weingarten Learning Center (writing support; time management; academic workshops for international students)
Student Disability Services (classroom accommodations; exams, note taking, formatting materials/readings)
SP2 Writing Tutor (referral by academic advisor or course instructor required; 1:1 support)
SP2 Career & Professional Development
SP2 Grad Careers Plan/Salaries
Career Services for International Students
CAPS Counseling and Supportive Resources (individual & group counseling; psychiatric services; 24/7 on-call service)
Student Life/Student Organizations
Graduate and Professional Student Association (LAGAPSA, BGAPSA)
Cultural Resource Centers
Pan-Asian American Community House
African American Resource Center
Center for Hispanic Excellence: La Casa Latina
University COVID-19 Resources
Penn COVID-19 Response
Student Compliance with Testing FAQ
Presidential Messages & Announcements
Student Health Services
Instructions for Submissions of Immunization Records
Immunization and Insurance Compliance FAQ
The Immunization Compliance Office Contact Information:
Please feel free to contact the office with any questions at 215 746-3535 or email email@example.com. Please do not email your immunization records as they will not be processed.
The Immunization Compliance office
Student Health Services
3535 Market street, Suite 20, Mezzanine
Philadelphia PA 19104
Faculty & Research
Program improving public health response to intimate partner violence receives second year of funding
Penn’s School of Social Policy & Practice (SP2) is excited to announce a second year of its Survivor Link + Public Health AmeriCorps program, in partnership with the Office of Gender-Based Violence […]
Jennifer Jones Clinkscales, DSW, LCSW
Associate Dean of Student Affairs
215 746 5895
215 573 2099 (fax)
Bryanna Bonner, MA
Associate Director of Student Affairs
215 898 5503
215 573 2099 (fax)firstname.lastname@example.org