MSW New Student Orientation
- This event has passed.
Required for all incoming MSW students.
- 11:00am: Introduction from Associate Dean of Academic Affairs
- 11:10am: “How to use your Advisors” & The Academic Affairs Office
- 11:20am: Introduction from the Office of Field Education
- 11:30am Penn Aging Concentration (PAC), Goldring Reentry Initiative (GRI), International Programs & Latin@ Social Services & Policy Initiatives, Program in Mental Health Education Assessment, Recovery, and Leadership for Social Workers Fellowship (P.E.A.R.L.S.), Child Well-Being & Child Welfare Specialization (CW2) and Dual Degree Programs
- 11:45am Student Panel and Q&A
Additional required MSW Orientation Sessions will take place on non-class days during the first two and a half weeks of the semester before students begin field placement on Monday, September 15. These sessions are designed to introduce students to the social work profession and provide a foundation for starting field placement. Session dates and times will be finalized shortly, but students are advised to reserve the following days for these required orientation sessions: Thursday, August 28; Thursday, September 4; Friday, September 5; Monday, September 8; Thursday, September 11; Friday, September 12.